Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Those are some serious, serious dudes

Surfing around in the seemingly infinite variety of the interwebs, I came across this documentary from Vice (though I am not sure what Vice is) about North Korea, a country that seems to be governed by crazy people. I intended to only watch one or two episodes (it has 14, though they're not very long), but got hooked. It's fascinating. I should admit that sneaking into a totalitarian society does not seem like a very good idea to me, but tastes will differ.

We watched the penultimate episode of "Top Chef" last night. Jenn was kind of angry that Lisa survived, though I think Antonia's lets-dump-everything-on-the-same-plate strategy was unwise. I still think Richard will win, though I'm rooting for Stephanie. If Richard makes any mistakes, the coveted title could be hers. Short of sabotage, I don't see how Lisa can win.

In violation of my policy of avoiding movies with Russell Crowe in them, we watched American Gangster on Sunday evening. I wasn't expecting a great deal, but it was actually a pretty good movie. Later, I googled Frank Lucas, but there doesn't seem to be much information about what he's been up to since, from which I surmise that he is in the witness protection program.

I was going to say something about tomatoes (apropos of this) and gardening (apropos of this), but I have to go mow the lawn. Maybe next time.

Posted by jwb at 5:00 PM   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
« home