Thursday, June 05, 2008

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out

The first part of the two-part Top Chef finale was on last night. I was watching what ended up being the Stanley Cup finale and missed it.* I'll just say that I still think Richard will win it, though Stephanie has a real shot. I'll eat my shirt if Lisa wins. Antonia's a wild card. I don't have any actual data to back this up, but my impression is that she was among the leaders in challenges won, but I don't feel like she's knocked anyone's socks off. We shall see.

In comments here, Susan suggests that our commenters are intimidatingly erudite, though I think she's just being nice. Don't be shy, Susan. Comment away. We have rather .... um .... eclectic tastes here. If something strikes your fancy, please jump in. I'll admit that we occasionally make fun of our commenters--mainly Marty, though it's usually his own fault--but we try to keep things somewhat elevated around here.

* BTW, in hockey, after nearly killing each other for three period, the teams line up and shake each other's hands. I find that quite appealing. Perhaps I am wrong, but I can't think of that ever happening in the ultimate game of any other sport. Typically, the winning team goes crazy and the losers slink off to the clubhouse.

Posted by jwb at 6:28 AM   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
« home