Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This place is crawling with Ninjas


I was under the impression that little girls don't like Legos, but I was very excited to learn (from Katherine and Andy) that this is a particularly pernicious stereotype. Little girls in fact really like Legos. Awesome!

If you're into that kind of thing, there's a nice postmortem in this week's New Yorker by George Packer on what happened to movement conservatism. (Short answer: George Bush.) Sounds like we should be keeping sharp objects away from Davids Brooks and Frum. (Frum, as I'm sure Marty will remind us if I don't mention it, is Canadian. By the way, Canada, we don't want him anymore. You can have him back.)

As part of my growing disaffection with movie blogs, I've stopped reading the endless stream of crap from the set of the new Bond movie. However, Raphy pointed me to this interesting piece from the Times (by John F. Burns, one of the Times' heroic correspondents from Iraq) about all the recent interest in Ian Fleming, which has culminated in an apparently very cool show of Flemingiana at the Imperial War College in London.

There's an interesting interview here with Michael Chabon about, among other things, why he got mocked by his fellow students in grad school for being into genre fiction. I'm not really sure who the bigger dork in this story is.

I'd say something about the Idol finale tonight, but, to tell you the truth, I don't really care.

Lastly, we present you with a pretty funny interview between Ron Burgundy and Tom Brokaw:

Posted by jwb at 8:08 AM   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
« home