Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Nazis. I hate these guys.

Re. the Olympic protests, this was news to me, but apparently the torch relay was invented by the Nazis. I hate those guys.

No matter how you spin it, to be referred to as a "chucklehead" (or some variant) in the first line of a review of your new book is not good. This is apropos of our continuing fascination with how 9/11 caused one of our favorite writers, Martin Amis, to completely lose his marbles. In case you missed it, Michiko Kakutani puts the beatdown on him in yesterday's Times.

Books I will not be reading, part XXV: Speaking of chuckleheads, I will most definitely not be readiing Douglas Feith's "War and Decision". You know, it'll be nice when one of these clowns finally admits what, at this point in history, is pretty obvious to just about everyone--that they hadn't a clue what they were getting themselves and the country into. In the meantime, we get meretricious crap like this. No thanks.

Does anyone out there watch Top Chef? I was pondering blogging about it a little, though I don't want to blog about another show that no one cares about.

Posted by jwb at 5:45 PM   

4 Comments:

Blogger Marty said:

Hey John,

Since you seem to be congenitally allergic to reading Steyn, I thought you might enjoy Michelle Malkin's latest take on the latest attempts of happy faced liberal fascism to suppress free speech in the Canadian conservative blogosphere:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/04/09/free-speech-fund-raiser-the-canadian-conservative-blogosphere-under-attack/
at 5:54 AM     

Blogger Marty said:

By the way, the link you provide discussing the link between the Nazis and the Olympic torch is the most incoherent piece of gibberish I've read lately.
at 6:01 AM     

Blogger jwb said:

I don't read Michelle Malkin either. She's worse than Steyn.
at 8:16 AM     

Blogger Susan, Carson, Ginger, and Fischer said:

Sorry I am late in commenting, but we watch Top Chef and would be thrilled if you would blog about it!!
at 10:56 AM     

Post a Comment
« home