Monday, March 31, 2008

Has the world gone mad?

In comments to the previous post, hoss explains how to say "shit heap" in Esperanto--should you ever need to do so. I should note that the title is one of many pitch perfect lines/moments from The Yiddish Policeman's Union, which was mentioned in said post.

John Adams was excellent last night. I shall possibly have more to say about it later. After JA, we caught the end of the new Tracey Ullman show. She does an Arianna Huffington impression--though, having actually known Arianna (though the last time I saw her she didn't remember me), I wouldn't say that it was a very good one. (She also does a very poor David Beckham.) Speaking of Arianna, rumor has it that she's about to get $200 million for the Huffington Post--which is read by no one I know. (Yeah, I know--selection bias. Still, do you know anyone who reads the HuffPo? Thought so.) Has the world gone mad?

I haven't had much to say about American politics of late, and, in the main, will continue to do so (or not do so). I would like to say, however, that there is something quite bizarre about Hillary playing footsie with Richard Scaife. This is the guy, after all, who accused her of murdering Vince Foster. And he wasn't joking.

Posted by jwb at 7:58 AM   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
« home