Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas roundup

I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas. Patty, Danny, Shannon, and Tom were here with Jenn, Buzzy, and I. We went to see the Boston Pops, which was--miraculously--far less boring than it was last year.

We ate like kings and drank like the Kennedys. (Sorry. Stupid joke, especially since I've learned from Gary Wills' The Kennedy Imprisonment that Teddy was the only one who was much of a drinker.)

Buzzy made out like a bandit, spoiled puppy.


Santa also brought me one of these tight ceramic knives from Cerastar--which would make an excellent gift for the food nerd in your life (if you have one).

In other news, Raphy reminded me that I promised to turn in my Bond Fan Club badge if I didn't see CR by Christmas. Alas, puppy fatherhood has been far more time-consuming than I expected, so the badge is in the mail.

I see that Santa brought Bram a copy of Littell's "The Company." Good job, Santa. (Not so sure about that Rachael Ray book, though.) Also, in comments, Bram suggests that "The Good Shepherd" looks like it might be kind of interesting and I agree--though I stand by my comment--"force of nature" BS aside--that Angelina Jolie is not a very good actress.

Posted by jwb at 12:20 PM   

3 Comments:

Blogger Bram said:

The Company was actually packaged up to return to my parents, who loaned it to me on their trip out in the spring.

Upon seeing it, Mon exclaimed,"You still have that? I thought you returned it. I wanted to read it."

She picked up a copy at the library today.
at 1:37 PM     

Blogger jwb said:

It's got to be the best book on the CIA that I've read. I recall reading somewhere that Ridley Scott is working on a miniseries for TNT based on it. It's the sort of story that screams out for the Winds-of-War-type treatment, which doesn't really seem to be in fashion anymore (except maybe on the premium cable channels).
at 7:50 AM     

Blogger Unknown said:

zhengjx20160518
ralph lauren polo
jordan concords
nfl jerseys
ray bans
nike roshe run
coach outlet online
kobe shoes 11
louis vuitton outlet stores
kate spade
air jordan 4
adidas outlet store
jordan retro 8
kobe 10
gucci bags
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
red bottom shoes
coach factory outlet online
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet clearance
hollister clothing store
ray ban eyeglasses
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet clearance
burberry handbags
adidas factory outlet
burberry sale
louis vuitton purses
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin shoes
coach factory outlet online
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike trainers sale
coach outlet

at 5:55 PM     

Post a Comment
« home