Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Idol update


What was that all about? It had to be one of the oddest nights in a long time. Jenn commented that, if she were watching "American Idol" for the first time, she'd probably never watch it again. The performances were pretty mediocre: Paris, Tyler, and Kellie were all pretty bad, though Katherine was much better than the judges let on. Chris, singing a song that I don't really care for, was interesting. Elliott was pretty good, and he looked like a bond trader in an expensive suit. (As Simon sometimes says, I mean that as a complement.) The show itself was a mess--there was a live mic open when Elliott was singing--and the timing was terrible, forcing Seacrest to hurry through the last 40 minutes of the show. And what's up with Paul crying? I think she needs to get back on her meds. Overall, a serious horrorshow.

Anyway, this reminds me that, a couple of months ago, in NYC for Shannon's show, Jenn's friend Jen, Jenn, and I sat in a hotel room in the W Times Square one afternoon and, in lieu of a nap, talked about Idol for an hour and a half. Yes, I agree, a little sad. Nonetheless.... We each made a list of the top 12 in order of elimination. None of us did very good, but here's how we did (top 6 only):

Jen G
6. Paris
5. Katherine
4. Ace
3. Chris
2. Mandisa
1. Taylor

Jenn
6. Paris
5. Mandisa
4. Chris
3. Ace
2. Katherine
1. Taylor

Moi
6. Lisa (my excuse was that I had Lisa in a pool, and had to stick with my girl)
5. Mandisa
4. Taylor
3. Katherine
2. Ace
1. Chris

A few general comments: We all had Mandisa and Ace sticking around for too long, and we failed to see that Kellie would last this long. Jenn and I are, I think, in a little better shape than Jen. Taylor's been pretty lackluster the last few weeks. I still think Chris has a strong chance of winning the whole thing, though I'd be happy if Katherine did as well. That's all for now.

Posted by jwb at 7:30 AM   

1 Comments:

Blogger jwb said:

I sort of agree with you. They were pretty harch. However, Simon and Randy did apologize to her on Wednesday night, claiming she sounded a lot better when they watched it again later. In any case, it didn't seem to hurt her--she and Chris were the top two.
at 11:09 AM     

Post a Comment
« home