Friday, March 03, 2006

The terrible swift sword of justice

Yes, of course. We're talking about Idol.

Heather is gone. So much for my "the hot chicks will make it through because they're hot chicks" theory. (Becky, of course, went last week.) Oh, well. I don't think she'll be missed.

I felt a little bad for Sway. As he showed at the end, he is a vastly superior singer to, among others, Kevin and Bucky. However, he had that look in his eye, as if he knew he was roadkill.

Finally, and contrary to the advice of these guys, Brenna and David are now gone, and not a minute too soon. Brenna's act was getting old very quickly. These comments from one of the many Idol blogs is right on: "No tears, no shock. Palpable relief among the masses! The arrogant poseur with faux confidence is out. I thought she’d get an extra week but nobody is complaining. “I’m ready to make some money,” she said. “So Clive [Davis, record producer supreme], get in touch with Nigel [Lythgoe, “Idol” producer].” I think not. Maybe Clive, who runs a bridal show in Allentown, or Nigel, who needs a backup singer on Carnival Cruise Lines. At least her song “Last Dance” was appropriate."

And, as for David, he just wasn't very good. Bon voyage.

It seems to me that there are 10 pretty solid people left, which means 2 slackers will make it into the final 12. I'm unimpressed with Will, Bucky, and Kevin, though two of them will very likely go home next week. I'm also underwhelmed by Kellie, Kinnik, and Melissa, though, again, two of them will be gone next week. Unless, of course, American loses its mind and boots one of the obvious favorites--always a possibility.

In other Idol news, Carrie Underwood is selling shoes made from puppies.

Posted by jwb at 8:34 AM   

2 Comments:

Blogger jwb said:

Five minutes a day, that's all.

We enjoyed seeing you as well.

JB
at 12:05 PM     

Anonymous Anonymous said:

how's life ? jwbblog.blogspot.com blogger found your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com
at 4:52 AM     

Post a Comment
« home